Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is by Patty Inglish, MS and has been posted here for the Zwt-7 tour of the South Pacific. The coconut crab is named the coconut crab, because it eats coconuts, which it finds by climbing. It has a taste similar to lobster and can be cooked in a similar way to lobsters, either boiling or steaming them.
- 2 lbs crabmeat, coconut
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, fresh, chopped
- oregano, fresh, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups rice, cooked
- Mix the raw crab meat in a bowl with all the spices and minced garlic.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to one hour, allowing the crab meat to marinate.
- Remove the bowl from the refrigerator and add in the rest of the ingredients, mixing well.
- Pour the crab mixture into a large pot over low heat; cook until the liquid is reduced by half and serve over hot rice.