My daughter in law is from France and this is how she makes her pie crusts. I think this is far superior to the ones made with shortening and the crust is much flakier. Hope you like it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place flour and salt in food processor and pulse a couple times.
- 2Add butter and process until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 3Add water 1 T at a time through top feeder and pulse briefly until dough begins to form a ball.
- 4Remove from processor and place on floured surface.
- 5Form into a ball.
- 6Allow dough to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes before rolling out.
- 7On lightly floured surface, roll out dough to fit pie pan.
- 8Place in pan, flute edges and prick bottom of dough several times with a fork.
- 9Place in freezer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 10Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 11Bake pie shell for 15 to 20 minutes or til light brown.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Pie Pastry
Serving Size: 1 (393 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1496.3
- Calories from Fat 845
- Total Fat 93.9 g
- Saturated Fat 58.5 g
- Cholesterol 244.0 mg
- Sodium 1240.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 143.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 20.3 g