- 4 teaspoons black pepper, coarsely ground
- 3 lbs rib eye steaks, cut into 6 equal portions, about 1 1/2 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup brandy
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- fresh parsley, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Press pepper into both sides of steaks. Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over high heat; add steak and sear on both sides. Reduce heat to medium high and cook an additional 6 to 7 minutes on each side, more for well done.
- Remove steak to serving platter and keep warm. Season lightly with salt to taste.
- Add brandy to pan with drippings and heat until bubbly; add a small amount of cream. Pour sauce over steaks; garnish with parsley.