Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
French Pecan Pie
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 22 Ritz crackers, broken into pieces
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- whipping cream
- German chocolate, shaved
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Gradually add sugar.
- Add vanilla, broken crackers and pecans.
- Bake in a 10-inch buttered pie pan for 30 minutes at 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Top with sweetened whipped cream (spread over cooled pie).
- Garnish with shaved chocolate.
We loved it! Always up for something new to try. Served it with some vanilla ice cream for a real treat!
This was so easy to whip up and even the kids loved it! Something a little different and definately delicious!
We had this pie for Thanksgiving and it was fabulous!!! Easy to make and everyone LOVED it so much they wanted the recipe. Thanks for sharing Tonkcats!!!