Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A delicious roasted meat and veggie combo that gets nicely savory from the cast-iron skillet. I make this with chicken or beef (either cube steak or seasoned hamburger patties), and you can add your favorite to the veggie mix.. The meat adds a tasty sauce to the veggies, and the fennel adds a great taste to the finished veggie mix. Easy to prepare and just throw it in the oven! A great family or company dish!
- 1 (5 lb) whole chickens, cut into parts
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 onions, quartered
- 2 fennel heads, quartered
- 2 yellow squash or 2 zucchini, quartered
- 1⁄2 lb green beans
- 1 potato, quartered
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Marinate chicken overnight in soy sauce and 2 Tbs of chopped garlic in a plastic bag.
- When ready to cook, put vegetables in a cast iron skillet.
- Put chicken pieces on top of the veggies. Pour marinade over the chicken.
- Sprinkle Worcestershire Sauce, rest of chopped garlic, chicken broth, olive oil, and fresh-ground pepper over chicken and into veggies.
- Cook in pre-heated 350 degree oven for at least one hour until chicken is nicely browned and done.
- Once the chicken is done, If you want to brown the veggies and sauce further, move the chicken to a platter and put the skillet back into the oven for 20 minutes until sauce thickens a bit.