3 hrs 25 mins
This is a really easy bread to make, and tastes amazing! Try this and you will never buy french bread again! I got recipe from a cooking group and it was submitted by Laura H. Thanks for the recipe! I do not use the cornmeal because I hate cornmeal, but to each their own.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast, sugar and salt in water.
- 2Add flour and stir with a wooden spoon until blended. Do not knead -- it will be lumpy.
- 3Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hours
- 4Oil a cookie sheet with olive oil.
- 5Oil hands and remove dough from bowl and divide into 2 rounds and place on cookie sheet.
- 6Sprinkle dough with cornmeal(optional).
- 7Let rise 1 hour.
- 8Preheat oven to 425 degrees and brush dough with melted butter.
- 9Bake for 10 min then reduce heat to 375 degrees and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- 10When finished baking, brush again with melted butter.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Peasant Bread
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.5
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 584.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 7.8 g