1/4 Photos of French Peas
Andi of Longmeadow Farm's Note:
Peas came in late this year. Not enough to freeze like I always do so instead I tried this simple, tasty treat because I love lettuce, peas, and with a bit of butter. The new scallions that I pulled up from the earth, the fresh lettuce, snipped, and the peas just make such a treat to devour and enjoy the accomplishment of these garden treats.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 small scallions, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (or any oil)
- 1 iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup chicken stock (heated)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (to taste- don't add if the dish tastes perfect!)
- 1In a saucepan, cook the scallions in the butter and oil until soft.
- 2Stir in the shredded lettuce, until wilted adding frozen peas and stock.
- 3Simmer, uncovered, until everything is tender and the liquid flavorful and liquid reduced.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Peas
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.5
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 16.1 mg
- Sodium 481.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 8.0 g