Recipe by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
Peas came in late this year. Not enough to freeze like I always do so instead I tried this simple, tasty treat because I love lettuce, peas, and with a bit of butter. The new scallions that I pulled up from the earth, the fresh lettuce, snipped, and the peas just make such a treat to devour and enjoy the accomplishment of these garden treats.
Top Review by COOKGIRl
I used organic: scallions, iceburg lettuce and frozen peas. Fresh garlic for dried. Yummy!
Tasted even better the next day for lunch. Be sure to reduce the liquid or the peas
will be too soggy to serve. A classic! Reviewed for Veg Tag February.
- 3 small scallions, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (or any oil)
- 1 iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock (heated)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste- don't add if the dish tastes perfect!)