Peas came in late this year. Not enough to freeze like I always do so instead I tried this simple, tasty treat because I love lettuce, peas, and with a bit of butter. The new scallions that I pulled up from the earth, the fresh lettuce, snipped, and the peas just make such a treat to devour and enjoy the accomplishment of these garden treats.
- 3 small scallions, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (or any oil)
- 1 iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock (heated)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste- don't add if the dish tastes perfect!)
- In a saucepan, cook the scallions in the butter and oil until soft.
- Stir in the shredded lettuce, until wilted adding frozen peas and stock.
- Simmer, uncovered, until everything is tender and the liquid flavorful and liquid reduced.