Recipe by ~Leslie~
Wonderful French Dessert. Different, simple to make with a fantastic presentation. Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by Pamela D.
Crustless flan, lovely custard. Made recipe with only the ingredients listed but added more pears and decreased liquids. I make a similar pie with rhubarb in the spring. always well received.
- 2 large pears
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Lightly grease a 8 inch flan dish.
- Peel the pears, cut them in half, remove seeds and cut them into 1/4 inch slices.
- Place the sliced pears in a saucepan with the butter, and sauté over a low heat for 5 minutes, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, sugar, whipping cream and cinnamon.
- Drain the pears and arrange in the greased flan case.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top of the pears and bake for about 40 minutes or until set.
- Serve warm.