Wonderful French Dessert. Different, simple to make with a fantastic presentation. Hope you enjoy!
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Lightly grease a 8 inch flan dish.
- Peel the pears, cut them in half, remove seeds and cut them into 1/4 inch slices.
- Place the sliced pears in a saucepan with the butter, and sauté over a low heat for 5 minutes, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, sugar, whipping cream and cinnamon.
- Drain the pears and arrange in the greased flan case.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top of the pears and bake for about 40 minutes or until set.
- Serve warm.
A lovely light baked custard with pear that was super easy to make. Needed about 10 minutes longer to cook. I think this would be lovely served in individual serve flan dishes too. Photo to be posted. Reviewed for ZWT8 visit to France
Reduced sugar by 3 Tbsp, added a 1/16 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/4 tsp nutmeg. A nice, delightful dessert but slightly too watery. Baked for 10 more mins that the time stated.
Very rich but so good you forget about the calories. Easy recipe to make half of.