Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Wonderful French Dessert. Different, simple to make with a fantastic presentation. Hope you enjoy!
- 2 large pears
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Lightly grease a 8 inch flan dish.
- Peel the pears, cut them in half, remove seeds and cut them into 1/4 inch slices.
- Place the sliced pears in a saucepan with the butter, and sauté over a low heat for 5 minutes, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, sugar, whipping cream and cinnamon.
- Drain the pears and arrange in the greased flan case.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top of the pears and bake for about 40 minutes or until set.
- Serve warm.
Do not bake in an unsealed tray, it will leak all through your oven and will make a terrible mess. Listen to me when doing this, or you will end up with half your flan of the floor
A lovely light baked custard with pear that was super easy to make. Needed about 10 minutes longer to cook. I think this would be lovely served in individual serve flan dishes too. Photo to be posted. Reviewed for ZWT8 visit to France
Reduced sugar by 3 Tbsp, added a 1/16 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/4 tsp nutmeg. A nice, delightful dessert but slightly too watery. Baked for 10 more mins that the time stated.