2 hrs 10 mins
Pastry cream is a light, rich custard filling for any cake, fruit tart, puff or dessert crepe. Lovely poured over fresh fruit cup. Quick and easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan, heat 2 cups milk to boiling.
- 2While milk is heating, whisk egg yolks, sugar and remaining 1/4 cup milk.
- 3Whisk in cornstarch and flour until smooth.
- 4Temper the egg mixture by slowly whisking in about 1/3 of the heated milk, then whisking in the remaining milk.
- 5Return mixture to saucepan and cook over medium-high heat until mixture thickens and boils.
- 6Whisk constantly.
- 7Reduce heat to low and cook for another 2 minutes.
- 8Remove from heat and stir in vanilla or other flavorings.
- 9Pour into a bowl, press plastic wrap on the surface to prevent a skin from forming and cool to room temperature before chilling for at least 2 hours.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Pastry Cream
Serving Size: 1 (822 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 490.4
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 296.2 mg
- Sodium 111.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 49.1 g
- Protein 11.6 g