Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
A yummy beef stew.
- 2 lbs stewing beef, cut in 1 1/2 cubes
- 2 medium onions, cut in eighths
- 3 stalks celery, cut in large pieces
- 2 potatoes, cut in 1/4 inch slice
- 4 carrots, quartered
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1⁄3 cup tapioca
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Combine beef, onions, celery, carrots in a 2 1/2 qt.
- Combine tomato juice, tapioca, sugar, salt, pepper and basil.
- Pour over meat and vegetables.
- Cover and bake at 300F about 2 1/2 hrs.
- Add potatoes and cook 1 hour longer.
- Stir occasionally.
- Serves 6.
- This is from my friend, Sally Campbell.