Recipe by Dib's
Great for leftover ham as well. Original recipe from Pepperidge Farms-tweaked of course ;-) Cooking time includes 15 minutes standing time.
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 6 large eggs
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded swiss cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 9 slices hearty white bread, cut into cubes
- 2 cups cooked turkey, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Spray a 2-quart shallow baking dish with the cooking spray.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs, soup, milk, 1 cup cheese, 1 and 1/2 teaspoons thyme, and pepper.
- Add the bread cubes and turkey.
- Stir and gently press the bread cubes into the milk mixture to coat.
- Pour the bread mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle top of casserole with the remaining cheese and thyme.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.