Recipe by JamesDean'sGirl
WOW-these are incredible:) ...Had these at my sister-in-law's tonight, died and went to heaven, came back, got her recipe, went home, and posted it--what a night!!! Enjoy:)
- 4 baking potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1 teaspoon instant beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- additional sour cream, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Wrap each potato in foil; bake about 1 hour, turning once, until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan, melt the butter over medium heat; add the onion and sugar and cook, stirring often, until golden--8-10 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat; cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the sour cream with 1 Tbsp of parsely, broth granules, salt, and pepper; set aside.
- When the potatoes are baked and cool enough to handle, unwrap them and using a knife, split the skin open down long side.
- Scoop out the pulp, leaving a 1/2" thick shell.
- Add the potato pulp to the sour cream mixture; mash until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture back into the potato shells; top with additional sour cream (if using) and the onion mixture.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1 Tbsp. parsely.