Recipe by Lainey39
Prepared French onion soup and sherry make a wonderful sauce for these steaks smothered with mushrooms. Egg noodles are a great accompaniment to soak up all the juices.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
Very yummy. Couple small changes, reduced noodles to 6 oz & steaks to 1 1/4 lb which normally feeds 4 comfortably in our household. Cut the salt abit also. Everything came out perfect. I really enjoyed the mushroom sauce, thanks for sharing.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb mushroom, quartered
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 4 boneless sirloin steaks, about 1 3/4 pounds
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup dry sherry
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
- 2⁄3 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 2 T butter in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes until browned and liquid has evaporated. Transfer to bowl.
- Start to cook egg noodles according to package directions.
- Sprinkle steaks with salt.
- Brown 2 steaks, 1 1/2 minutes per side. Transfer to bowl with mushrooms. Repeat process with remaining steaks.
- Return steaks and mushrooms to skillet.
- Add 1/3 cup dry sherry and bring to a boil; boil 30 seconds.
- Add French onion soup and 2/3 cup water; return to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 20 minutes until steaks are tender and sauce has reduced slightly.
- Drain noodles. Serve steaks with noodles and your favorite vegetable.