Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick, kitchen cabinet kind of soup just lovely sprinkled with a little extra parmesan cheese.
- 2 medium onions
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 quart water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- Slice onions finely, sautee in butter until tender.
- Add water, boullion cubes, and Kitchen Bouquet.
- Simmer 20 minutes, add croutons and serve.
- To make croutons: Toast bread slices under broiler.
- Spread with butter, salt, pepper, garlic, paprika and Parmesan cheese.
Super simple, great taste.
Great receipe... Made my own Kitchen Bouquet to use (Real simple Simmer 2 cups of water then slowly add 1/2 cup of brown sugar and stir till dissolved) and it was great.
I have been craving French Onion Soup, but did not have the patience to make the Famous Barr's French Onion Soup. I used only beef bouillon and had no kitchen bouqet and I used a toasted english muffin instead of croutons. I thoroughly enjoyed this soup!!! Give it a shot with what you have in the house.