Top Review by Samuel Holden
Oh! yum yum yum... It looks like we share taste in more than just Feta cheese. The toasted bread is a perfect touch... but croutons are fun if you're serving this at a dinner party (nice starter dont you think?). I'll see if I can post a baked alaska recipe for you that you dont already have :)))
- 1 cup dry sherry
- 4 onions, thinly sliced
- 9 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 slices French bread, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large, heavy stockpot over medium heat, cook sherry until bubbling.
- Add the onions, and reduce heat to medium.
- Cook onions slowly, stirring frequently, for at least 20 minutes, until they begin to form a paste.
- Stir in the garlic and continue to cook for 5-10 minutes , until garlic begins to look brown.
- Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Season with pepper and salt.
- Ladle soup into bowls, and float a slice of toasted bread on top of each serving.