Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the Pioneer Woman...can't WAIT to try these!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 whole large onions, Halved And Sliced Thin
- 1⁄4 cup beef broth
- 7 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- splash white wine
- 1⁄2 cup gruyere cheese, grated (can Use Swiss)
- kosher salt
- 24 whole crimini mushrooms, Washed And Stems Removed
- fresh parsley, minced
- In a medium skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add onions and saute for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until very soft. Splash in wine, broth, and Worcestershire. Cook for another 5 minutes, or until liquid is cooked down. Set aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Throw in mushrooms and toss around for 2 minutes, just to start the cooking process. Sprinkle mushrooms with salt.
- Place mushroom caps face down in a baking dish. Heap cavity with sauteed mushrooms, then sprinkle Gruyere over the top. Bake at 10 minutes on 325 degrees. Turn on broiler and broil for a couple of minutes, until the top of the Gruyere starts to bubble and slightly turn brown.
- Sprinkle minced parsley over the top and serve.