MARIA MAC *'s Note:
This pizza has great flavors. If you like onion soup you will love this
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add butter to skillet over medium heat. Once butter has melted, add onions, garlic, a good sprinkling of salt and pepper, and thyme. Allow onions to sweat down for about 10 minutes, then stir and let continue to sweat another 5 minutes.
- 2Add wine and beef broth, simmering about 5-10 minutes or until wine starts to oxidize and turn brown. When onions are cooked through, drain and save the broth and wine mixture.
- 3Add flour to wine and broth and boil mixture about 10 minutes it should be significantly reduced toabout 1/4 of what you started with.
- 4Remove from heat and add cream.
- 5Shape pizza dough into 10-12 inch diameter, 1/4 inch thick disk.
- 6Put reduced sauce on dough.
- 7Top with onions and then layer with chunks of Gruyere. Bake at 325 degrees on a middle to lower middle rack for about 15 minutes, checking to make sure the Gruyere doesn't burn.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Onion Soup Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 625.4
- Calories from Fat 426
- Total Fat 47.4 g
- Saturated Fat 28.4 g
- Cholesterol 154.7 mg
- Sodium 638.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 25.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: