1/5 Photos of French Onion Soup As I Like It!
There are many French onion soup recipes; this is how I do it. I am skipping the part where you put the bowl into oven because when you are in hurry (and we always are) it takes time and energy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut onion into rounds, they don’t have to bee too thin. Melt butter and olive oil in a pot and add onion. Sauté onion until become gold and soft.
- 2Add flour and fry it 2-3 minutes on light fire. Add cold water slowly constantly stirring to avoid clods. When you make creamy liquid, add wine, stir again and put back onto fire.
- 3When boils add the rest of the water (you can replace water with beef stock if you like). Add thyme, salt and pepper. If it’s too sour you may add some brown sugar. Cook 30-40 minutes on easy fire, covered.
- 4Before serving add parsley leaves into soup. In each plate put croutons first, lay onto croutons thin slices of Swiss cheese. Pour hot soup over and sprinkle with parmesan. Now it is ready to eat.
- 5Hot soup will melt Swiss cheese and parmesan and it will taste almost as if you just took it out of the oven. The soup is also good next day.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Onion Soup As I Like It!
Serving Size: 1 (355 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 316.5
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 33.1 mg
- Sodium 994.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 9.1 g