Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 4 medium onions, diced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices French bread or 4 slices Italian bread, toasted
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Cook onions in butter, covered in dutch oven, about 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add broth and Worcestershire sauce; bring to boil.
- Ladle soup into oven proof bowls and top with bread slices.
- Sprinkle bread with cheeses; place under broiler till cheese is lightly browned.
I was sure I had beef broth, but I was out, so I subbed chicken broth. It tasted great! I love hot soup on a cold winter day!