Recipe by KimmieOH
This is a very rich tasting soup
Top Review by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. My copy of this recipe is slightly different. It calls for 4 lg onions, 2 french or hard rolls sliced and toasted, and grated parmesan cheese or shredded natural sharp cheddar cheese. The rest is the same. Thanks for posting. Christine (internetnut)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 -8 slices French bread, toasted
- shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan cook onions, covered in butter about 15 minutes or till tender.
- Add beef broth, Worcestershire sauce,
- ¼ t. salt and dash pepper; bring to a boil.
- Sprinkle toasted bread with cheese; place under broiler till cheese is lightly browned.
- Place toasted bread in bowls Ladle soup on top of bread.
- Sprinkle with more cheese.