Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Courtesy of Paula Dean
Make and share this French Onion Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Saute onions and garlic in oil over low heat until tender and golden yellow.
- Sprinkle flour over onions, cook a few minutes more browning the flour well.
- Add stock and wine and bring to a boil, add thyme and bay leaf.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer gently for 20 minutes or so.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice bread into 3/4 inch slices and butter both sides.
- Toast slices on griddle until golden brown.
- Ladle soup into oven safe bowls, add toast, cover with cheese.
- Place bowl on a baking sheet lined with tin foil and bake under broiler until cheese melts and starts to brown.