- 3⁄4 ounce butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lbs brown onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons brandy (optional)
- 3 cups beef stock
- 1 cup water
- 4 thyme, sprigs
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Add first 3 ingredients to the slowcooker and cook on low for 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add wine, brandy, stock, water and thyme and cook on high another 2 hours.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, sprinkle with parsley and serve with crusty bread.