Recipe by Ian Magary
A great way to warm yourself up in the Fall / Winter. It tastes way better than what you get in the restaurants!!! Maybe the addition of Merlot...?
- 2 (1814.36 g) box beef broth
- 750 ml bottle merlot or 750 ml bottle cabernet sauvignon wine
- 6-8 yellow onions (chopped)
- 118.29 ml butter
- Worcestershire sauce
- black pepper
- 3-4 beef bouillon cubes
- italian seasoning
- 226.79 g bagshredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 slice wheat bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Sautee yellow onions and butter until soft.
- Add Beef Broth and 3/4 bottle of the wine.
- Bring to boil adding remaining ingredients to taste (we love a lot of worcestershire!).
- Once at a boil, bring down to simmer and allow time for the wine's alcohol to cook off.
- We've found that the worcestershire sauce and wine combo really makes the soup delicious.
- Serve soup with some cheese already in the bowl and place a slice of bread and more cheese on top.
- Melt and serve.