1/2 Photos of French Onion Soup
Ian Magary's Note:
A great way to warm yourself up in the Fall / Winter. It tastes way better than what you get in the restaurants!!! Maybe the addition of Merlot...?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sautee yellow onions and butter until soft.
- 2Add Beef Broth and 3/4 bottle of the wine.
- 3Bring to boil adding remaining ingredients to taste (we love a lot of worcestershire!).
- 4Once at a boil, bring down to simmer and allow time for the wine's alcohol to cook off.
- 5We've found that the worcestershire sauce and wine combo really makes the soup delicious.
- 6Serve soup with some cheese already in the bowl and place a slice of bread and more cheese on top.
- 7Melt and serve.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Onion Soup
Serving Size: 1 (465 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 489.7
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 70.8 mg
- Sodium 2143.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 15.6 g