onion soup at its best, with sensational taste. Very simple to prepare.
Make and share this French Onion Soup recipe from Food.com.
- In a large skillet, cook onions, and garlic on low heat(DO NOT BROWN) in hot butter for about 20 minutes and stir several times.
- Transfer onion mixture to 4-5 quart slow cooker and add beef broth, worcestershire, pepper, and 1 cup water.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-8 hours or on high for 2 1/2-4 hours.
- Before serving soup, toast bread slices with cheese slice on top.
- Broil for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is light brown and bubbly.
- Ladle soup into bowls, and top with toast.