1/1 Photo of French Onion Soup
5 hrs 30 mins
Grandpa & Grandma Williams's Note:
Came from a web-site, can't remember which one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice the onions into rings and saute in butter in a skillet until tender.
- 2Turn crock pot on to low and put in water, bouillon cubes, bay leaves, garlic powder, worchestershire sauce.
- 3Add the cooked onion and butter mixture to the crock pot.
- 4Cover and cook for at least5 hours on low.
- 5At this point you may want to taste the soup and see if you would like it a little weaker - if so add a little water. Also at this time remove the bay leaves and discard them.
- 6When ready to serve, slice the French Baguette into thin slices and toast in a toaster oven at 350 until just crusty.
- 7Put toasted slices (1-3) in each bowl and cover with the cheese (adjust the to your liking). Then cover the bread and cheese with the hot soup. The cheese will melt and the bread will rise to the top,.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Onion Soup
Serving Size: 1 (367 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 470.2
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 23.4 mg
- Sodium 1909.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 12.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Italian cheese blend