Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Wonderful for cold chilly days--so easy to prepare, and a great hit.
Make and share this French Onion Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 onion, large fine sliced
- 2 ounces butter
- 3⁄4 pint beef stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- water, to mix
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add the onion and stir for a few minutes on medium heat (must not brown.).
- Add the beef stock and seasoning; simmer for 20 minutes.
- Thicken with the corn flour.
- Serve with thick chunks of crusty bread.
Yum! This was really simple to make and delish on a cold fall day. Thanks Joyful Cook for a nice keeper. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.