Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This replaces the beef stock with vegetable stock and yeast extract making it veggie friendly. This must be served with French stick croutons and lots of melted cheese on top. It is illegal not to and if you try, the food police will arrest you...
- 2 large onions, finely sliced
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 900 ml vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs
- 1 teaspoon yeast extract
- Heat oil and sauté onions until golden brown.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- serve topped with French bread slices and lots of melted cheese!
I chose this (out of the many on here) because the intro made me laugh! I couldn't find the vegemite so I used some dark miso. I sauted the onions til they carmelised (added some sugar to help it along!). It tastes gorgeous and, once I've dished it up, I'll post a photo. Many thanks!