1 hr 5 mins
Charlotte J's Note:
Here is the original recipe from my sister-in-law. I also posted the one with all the changes we made named what else but....French Onion Soup II.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sauté onion in butter in 5 quart Dutch oven over low heat for 15 minutes or until onions are golden brown and tender.
- 2Stir in broth, bouillon cube, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
- 3Bring to a boil.
- 4Cover and reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes.
- 5In medium bowl combine cheeses.
- 6Ladle soup into six oven proof bowls, top with a slice of toasted bread.
- 7Sprinkle 2 Tbsps of cheese mix on top of bread.
- 8Place bowls on foil lined cookie sheet.
- 9Broil 3-5 inches from the heat 1-3 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Onion Soup
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.1
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 37.0 mg
- Sodium 1122.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 15.0 g