1/1 Photo of French Onion Sliced Steak Croissant Sandwich
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons mccormick's McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs flank steaks
- 2 large yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 large plain croissants
- 4 slices gruyere or 4 slices emmenthaler cheese
- 1Heat a grill pan or outdoor grill to high; preheat broiler.
- 2In a bowl, mix together the garlic, grill seasoning, hot sauce, Worcestershire, and vinegar.
- 3Whisk in 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- 4Put the flank steak in a shallow dish; pour the marinade over the steak.
- 5Toss to coat thoroughly and marinate for 5-10 minutes.
- 6While the steak is marinating, heat a large skillet over med-high heat; add in the remaining olive oil.
- 7Add in the onions, thyme, salt, and pepper; cook, stirring often, for 7-8 minutes or until the onions are deep golden brown.
- 8Add in the chicken stock; continue to cook for 2-3 more minutes or until the chicken stock has almost completely cooked away but the onions are still a little wet with the stock; remove from heat and set aside.
- 9Remove the flank steak from the marinade and pat dry.
- 10Grill the flank steak for 6-7 minutes on each side; remove steak from the grill to a cutting board; cover loosely with foil and let rest 5 minutes.
- 11Thinly slice the steak on an angle, against the grain.
- 12Split the croissants in half and place on a cookie sheet, cut sides up.
- 13Pile some of the onions on the bottoms of each croissant.
- 14Arrange a pile of the sliced steak on top of the onions and then follow that with some more onions.
- 15Place slices of cheese on top and transfer both the croissant bottoms and tops to the broiler.
- 16Melt the cheese and toast the cut sides of the tops 1-2 minutes.
- 17Place the croissant tops on the melted cheese; serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Onion Sliced Steak Croissant Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (466 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 845.1
- Calories from Fat 451
- Total Fat 50.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.0 g
- Cholesterol 137.8 mg
- Sodium 929.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 55.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning