- 6 large onions, peeled, sliced & cooked in salted water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs, mixed with the butter
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups whole milk
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325F degrees.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper until a paste is made.
- Slowly add milk and whisk until smooth and thick.
- Add cheese and Worcestershire sauce.
- Whisk until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Place drained cooked onions in a casserole dish and pour cheese sauce over them.
- Sprinkle w/ buttered crumbs.
- Bake until bubbly (20 minutes or so).