Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This kind of sounds odd, but if you think about it, its not odd at all! And it is very good. Even non-mashed potato people like this! Make sure the cream cheese and French onion dip are at room temperature.
- 8 -10 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature (I use more and I used whipped cream cheese)
- 8 ounces French onion dip, room temperature (or more to taste)
- salt and pepper
- butter (optional)
- Cook potatoes in water until tender.
- Mash and add butter if using and salt and pepper.
- Mix in cream cheese and French onion dip.
- Potatoes should be creamy not dry. If too dry add more dip or cream cheese.
These were very good, and easy. I was pleasantly suprised; the flavor was more subtle than I thought it would be. Thanks for the recipe, I'll be making it again!