Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
found this in a collection of recipes that my mother in law had
Make and share this French Onion Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 9 inch pastry shells
- 6 slice bacon
- 453.59 g yellow onion, thinkly sliced
- 3 eggs
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 9.85 ml chives, chopped
- 2.46 ml salt
- white pepper
- prick pastry shell with fork. and bake at 425 for 12 minutes. cook bacon until crisp remove and drain on towel, crumble.
- cook onions on low heat in bacon fat until soft and brown about 10 minutes. beat eggs slightly.
- blend in sour cream, bacon, onion and chives. season with salt and pepper.
- place in baked shell.
- cook at 300 for 30-40 minutes.