1/1 Photo of French Onion Omelet
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups coarsely chopped red onions
- 1/4 cup chopped shallot (optional)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese (4 ounces)
- 1In a 10-inch ovenproof skillet heat oil over medium heat.
- 2Add red onion, shallots (if desired, and sugar. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender and golden, stirring often.
- 3Remove 1/4 cup cooked onion mixture and set aside.
- 4Stir green onion, mustard, and thyme into skillet.
- 5In a bowl beat together eggs, water, salt, and pepper.
- 6Stir in 1/3 cup of the cheese.
- 7Pour into skillet.
- 8Bake in a 375°F for 15 minutes or until set.
- 9Top with remaining cheese and reserved onion mixture.
- 10Cut into wedges.
- 11Makes 6 main-dish servings.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Onion Omelet
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.6
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 228.0 mg
- Sodium 222.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 11.7 g