Make and share this French Onion Omelet recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups coarsely chopped red onions
- 1⁄4 cup chopped shallot (optional)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese (4 ounces)
- In a 10-inch ovenproof skillet heat oil over medium heat.
- Add red onion, shallots (if desired, and sugar. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender and golden, stirring often.
- Remove 1/4 cup cooked onion mixture and set aside.
- Stir green onion, mustard, and thyme into skillet.
- In a bowl beat together eggs, water, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in 1/3 cup of the cheese.
- Pour into skillet.
- Bake in a 375°F for 15 minutes or until set.
- Top with remaining cheese and reserved onion mixture.
- Cut into wedges.
- Makes 6 main-dish servings.
This was a quick omelet for breakfast. The Dijon adds a nice touch and next time I will add some chopped tomato to the top. Made for Breakfast.Anytime event in Cooking Photos.