Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 3 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter, plus
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups mashed potato flakes
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces French onion dip
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, milk, 1/3 cup butter and salt to a boil. Remove from heat; gradually stir in the potato flakes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and onion dip. Stir into potatoes. Add garlic salt.
- Transfer to an ungreased 13x9 baking dish. Melt remaining butter; drizzle over the top. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
- Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.