Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A very different sloppy joe sandwich and really yummy.
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons flour, maybe a little more
- 4 hamburger buns
- Brown meat and drain.
- Add soup and stir.
- Cover and simmer on medium low for 5 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with flour.
- Stir well.
- Bring to a boil to thicken sauce.
- Add more flour if needed.
- Serve on buns "sloppy joe" style.
This was REALLY good! A new twist to sloppy joes. I did add a squirt of ketchup to the thickened blend as I thought the color looked a little "gray". I used Wondra for the flour, so no lumps here! It is a great quick weeknight dinner. I opted to keep the french onion theme and instead of serving it on buns, we did halved croissants open faced with a slice of swiss over it and broiled till melted! It almost too good to eat.....note almost.... Thanks for posting this Marie....it's great!