- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1⁄2 lb kielbasa or 1⁄2 lb smoked sausage, in 1/2 inch slices (spicy or not, your preference)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 lb sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 can Campbell's French onion soup
- 1⁄3 cup salsa or 1⁄3 cup picante sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne, to taste
- 1 cup white rice
- 1⁄2 lb cooked large shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas (optional)
- salt and black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in skillet; add the chicken, sausage, and garlic (and mushrooms, if using) and brown over medium heat.
- Remove drippings from pan.
- Turn heat to high, add the soup, salsa, and cayenne and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the rice, cover, lower heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until rice is to desired texture.
- Stir in the shrimp and peas, re-cover, season to taste with salt and pepper, and cook for 5 minutes.