Recipe by Lady Black Mage
Yes, I know. It's another Kitchen Princess recipe, I have not been able to get a hold of my family's stuff yet. But still, this is also a French dish, and it's not too bad. Tip: If you are interested, you can make this soup Japanese-style by using mochi instead of French bread!
- 1 large onion
- 1 3⁄4 cups consomme (uses 1 block consomme)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese
- 2 teaspoons grated cheese
- 2 slices French bread
- some salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil 1 ¾ cups water. Add 1 block consommé. Set the soup aside.
- Peel the onion and slice into thin strips.
- Heat the butter on medium in a frying pan. Don’t let the butter burn! Put the onion in the butter and sauté until the onion turns dark yellow. Stir well with wooden spoon so it doesn’t burn. Sautéing it well here makes the sweetness come out of the onion.
- Add the consommé soup to the frying pan and stir. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the soup into a heat-resistant bowl or cup. Put the French bread and shredded cheese on top, and shake some grated cheese on top of that. Put it in an oven toaster and toast for about 4 to 5 minutes. When it turns golden brown, it’s done.