I just saw Rachael Ray make this and I was drooling! So I thought the next best thing was to post it and make it soon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 medium onions, quarterd lengthwise then very thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1/2 cup water
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened in microwave for 20 seconds on HIGH
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- toasted pecans, chopped fine
- 1Place a medium skillet over medium to medium high heat and add the extra-virgin olive oil and the butter.
- 2Melt butter into oil, then add onions and garlic, cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Add bouillion cube to the pan with 1/2 cup water and cook until it "melts" and coats onions, stirring frequently, 3 minutes.
- 4Season the onions with pepper, thyme and Worcestershire sauce.
- 5Remove from heat and transfer to a plate to "quick-cool.".
- 6In medium bowl, mix together the sour cream and softened creamed cheese using a rubber spatula.
- 7Stir in the onion mixture until completely combined, add chopped pecans, & add salt only if necessary and adjust your seasonings.
- 8Serve at room temperature or chill.
- 9Garnish with chives.
- 10Pack up chips as-is.
- 11Season the veggetable chips with salt and pack up with paper towel to capture excess moisture in plastic food bag.
- 12If serving at home, salt vegetables in single layer, let stand 5 minutes then pat dry.
- 13Arrange chips and vegetable chips around dip and serve.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Onion Dip and Chips
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.6
- Calories from Fat 293
- Total Fat 32.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 86.7 mg
- Sodium 409.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 5.1 g