Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I just saw Rachael Ray make this and I was drooling! So I thought the next best thing was to post it and make it soon.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 medium onions, quarterd lengthwise then very thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 cup water
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened in microwave for 20 seconds on HIGH
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- toasted pecans, chopped fine
- potato chips (Yukon gold chips or some other specialty chips)
- 2 large carrots, peeled & very thinly sliced on an angle
- 1 medium very firm zucchini, very thinly sliced on an angle
- Place a medium skillet over medium to medium high heat and add the extra-virgin olive oil and the butter.
- Melt butter into oil, then add onions and garlic, cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add bouillion cube to the pan with 1/2 cup water and cook until it "melts" and coats onions, stirring frequently, 3 minutes.
- Season the onions with pepper, thyme and Worcestershire sauce.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a plate to "quick-cool.".
- In medium bowl, mix together the sour cream and softened creamed cheese using a rubber spatula.
- Stir in the onion mixture until completely combined, add chopped pecans, & add salt only if necessary and adjust your seasonings.
- Serve at room temperature or chill.
- Garnish with chives.
- Pack up chips as-is.
- Season the veggetable chips with salt and pack up with paper towel to capture excess moisture in plastic food bag.
- If serving at home, salt vegetables in single layer, let stand 5 minutes then pat dry.
- Arrange chips and vegetable chips around dip and serve.