1/3 Photos of French Onion Dip
No soup-mix-chemically-taste in this one. From the Williams-Sonoma site.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- potato chips
- mixed vegetables, for dipping (crudites)
- 1In a fry pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter.
- 2Add the onion and salt and cook, stirring often, until soft and caramelized, about 20 minutes.
- 3Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- 4Remove the pan from the heat.
- 5Add the Worcestershire sauce and stir to scrape up the browned bits from the pan bottom.
- 6Transfer the onion to a small bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- 7In a bowl, stir together the sour cream, mayonnaise, cayenne pepper and black pepper.
- 8Stir in the onion.
- 9Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 1 week.
- 10Serve with potato chips and crudites for dipping.
- 11Makes about 2 cups.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Onion Dip
Serving Size: 1 (487 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 531.5
- Calories from Fat 448
- Total Fat 49.8 g
- Saturated Fat 25.3 g
- Cholesterol 112.9 mg
- Sodium 1256.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: