No soup-mix-chemically-taste in this one. From the Williams-Sonoma site.
Make and share this French Onion Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- potato chips
- mixed vegetables, for dipping (crudites)
- In a fry pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter.
- Add the onion and salt and cook, stirring often, until soft and caramelized, about 20 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and stir to scrape up the browned bits from the pan bottom.
- Transfer the onion to a small bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, stir together the sour cream, mayonnaise, cayenne pepper and black pepper.
- Stir in the onion.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 1 week.
- Serve with potato chips and crudites for dipping.
- Makes about 2 cups.