Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
These make a delicious appetizer. Recipe is from Rachael Ray.
Make and share this French Onion Crostini recipe from Food.com.
- In large, heavy pot or skillet, warm 1/4 cup olive oil over medium-low heat.
- Add the onions and 1 sprig thyme and cook, stirring every 10 minutes or so (if they start sticking to the pan, add a splash of water), for about 1 1/2 hours.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange the baguette slices on a baking sheet and brush on both sides with the remaining 2 T olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until crisp, 10-15 minutes.
- Place about 1 T cheese on each toast; bake until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the leaves from the remaining thyme sprig and chop.
- Top each toast with the carmelized onions and chopped thyme.
this is wonderful, I ran out of Swiss cheese so I subbed mozza, also add in fresh chopped garlic to the onions and used 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, I also sprinkled parmesan cheese on top of each piece before baking, thanks Lainey!
Yummo! I loved the sweetness of the caramalized onions! The thyme was great(I used dried)! Thanks Lainey! Made for Zaar tag.