1/1 Photo of French Onion Crostini
2 hrs 10 mins
These make a delicious appetizer. Recipe is from Rachael Ray.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large, heavy pot or skillet, warm 1/4 cup olive oil over medium-low heat.
- 2Add the onions and 1 sprig thyme and cook, stirring every 10 minutes or so (if they start sticking to the pan, add a splash of water), for about 1 1/2 hours.
- 3Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 4Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 5Arrange the baguette slices on a baking sheet and brush on both sides with the remaining 2 T olive oil.
- 6Season with salt and pepper.
- 7Bake until crisp, 10-15 minutes.
- 8Place about 1 T cheese on each toast; bake until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- 9Remove the leaves from the remaining thyme sprig and chop.
- 10Top each toast with the carmelized onions and chopped thyme.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Onion Crostini
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.4
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 8.2 mg
- Sodium 75.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: