Recipe by Wendy from Oz
Thus recipe came from an Australian monthly cooking magazine called "Super Food Ideas" It is by far the best cooking magazine I have ever seen.
- 1 kg skinless chicken piece, trimmed of fat
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 (45 g) packet French onion soup mix or 1 (45 g) packet chicken noodle soup mix
- 1 (840 g) can apricot halves in juice (we used pear juice)
- 125 g green beans, trimmed (we used frozen)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken pieces into a large casserole dish.
- (See variation) Sprinkle evenly with onion rings and soup powder.
- Stir apricots and juice into dish.
- Bake, covered, in a moderate oven (350F) (180C) for 1 hour or until chicken is tender.
- Stir beans through casserole.
- Serve immediately with noodles or potatoes.
- Variation: If preferred, dust chicken pieces in flour and brown in a frying pan sprayed with cooking oil before arranging in the casserole dish.
- Note: If you really want to keep calories down, use chicken breasts, as these have less fat than other chicken pieces.