1/3 Photos of French Onion Chicken and Rice Casserole
1 hr 30 mins
Heather U.'s Note:
This is a delicious meal, fantastic with a green salad. If you prepare it with brown rice, you'll need to increase the cooking time and amount of liquid.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Heat the olive oil over medium heat in an oven proof pot large enough to hold all ingredients.
- 3Saute the sliced onions until browned, about 10 minutes.
- 4Add the garlic and saute for another minute.
- 5Add the rice, stir to coat the grains with oil, and saute for a few minutes.
- 6Add the chicken, beef broth, white wine, thyme, and black pepper, and bring to a boil. Taste for seasoning. Add salt if needed (depends on the saltiness of the beef broth).
- 7Cover and place in the preheated oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until the chicken and rice are cooked to your liking.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Onion Chicken and Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 626.7
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 97.2 mg
- Sodium 387.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 37.6 g