Recipe by Heather U.
This is a delicious meal, fantastic with a green salad. If you prepare it with brown rice, you'll need to increase the cooking time and amount of liquid.
Top Review by SweetSueAl
This was a great Sunday dinner. I did make a few changes. I halved the recipe and used all beef broth (reduced sodium). It was great. I will caution, that it makes a lot of rice, even a half of a recipe. I will make this again. Thanks for the great recipe, Heather.
- 907.18 g chicken breasts, split, bone-in
- 4 onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 473.18 ml uncooked rice
- 709.77 ml beef broth
- 236.59 ml white wine
- 4.92 ml thyme
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in an oven proof pot large enough to hold all ingredients.
- Saute the sliced onions until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute for another minute.
- Add the rice, stir to coat the grains with oil, and saute for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken, beef broth, white wine, thyme, and black pepper, and bring to a boil. Taste for seasoning. Add salt if needed (depends on the saltiness of the beef broth).
- Cover and place in the preheated oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until the chicken and rice are cooked to your liking.