Recipe by Amy020
Easy gravy-like sauce accompanies flavorful chicken. Crunch of veggies is nice contrast in texture. Hubby (who isn't crazy for onions, raved...3-year-old even ate it up!). Makes a nice one-dish meal.
Top Review by chelle keithley
This was easy, but like the other reviews, it was too salty, and it didn't thicken up very well. If I were to make this again, I would omit the water and maybe try making a half of a package of the onion soup mix instead of using the canned soup. I think it would be an easy meal to prepare in the crockpot. My boyfriend liked the flavor, but he also loves salt, my 8 year old and 5 year old were less than thrilled.
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 -6 chicken breast halves
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can French onion soup
- 3⁄4 can water
- 4 ounces neufchatel cheese, cut up in pieces
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1 bag frozen stir fry vegetables (snap peas, carrots, mushrooms...)
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in large skillet.
- When oil is hot, add chicken breasts.
- Brown on each side, and remove from pan.
- Add soup and water to pan, bring to boil.
- Add salt& pepper.
- Add cream cheese, whisking until melted.
- Bring to boil.
- Return chicken to skillet, reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer 20-30 mins.
- until chicken is done and sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, coat another skillet with nonstick spray and heat over med-hi heat.
- When pan is hot, add frozen veggies and stir fry until crisp/done.
- Keep warm.
- To plate: spoon rice on plate, top with a chicken breast half and enough sauce to coat rice.
- Top with veggies, letting them fall down the sides of chicken in natural garnish.