Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Very quick and easy chicken recipe nice with mashed potatoes.
Make and share this French Onion Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 1⁄3 cups French's French fried onions, divided
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray 13 x 9 pan.
- Combine vegetables and 2/3 cup of the fried onions in the pan top with chicken breasts.
- In a small bowl, combine wine, stock, garlic salt, and pepper; pour over chicken and vegetables.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover and bake for 35 minutes or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender.
- Baste chicken with sauce and top with rest of fried onions.
- Bake uncovered another 5 minutes or until fried onions are golden brown.
This is a good chicken casserole. I made 1/2 the recipe for DH and I and probably doubled the French fried onions (didn't measure, just shook them on!) The carrots came out tender and the chicken was juicy. The onions on the bottom mixed with the veggies got soggy but they were cooked in the juice so it makes sense. Will make again and try with b/s thighs (personal preference). Made for PAC Fall 2011