1/1 Photo of French Onion Casserole
1 hr 10 mins
From Southern Living cookbook. I love onions this is so good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice onions crosswise cut each of the slices in half.
- 2Melt butter in large skillet,medium high heat cook onions and mushrooms until tender.
- 3Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 2-QT baking dish.
- 4Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese.
- 5Combine soup, milk, and soy sauce; pour over cheese.
- 6Top with bread slices and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese and parsley.
- 7Cover and refrigerate 4-8 hours.
- 8Remove and let stand 30 minutes.
- 9Bake covered 375°F for 30 minutes,uncover and bake 15-20 more minutes.
- 10Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Weeknight Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Onion Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 436.6
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 50.1 mg
- Sodium 779.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 21.2 g