Recipe by *HogHeaven*
If you love onions then you will enjoy this. I love to make this recipe when it starts to get cold outside. This recipe came from our Local Newspaper in 1999. I just made this, once again! I made a few small changes. Note: I used 5 spanish onions. I did not refrigerate overnight! I used way more cheese and it came out wonderful!!!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 medium sweet Spanish onions, sliced thin
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 8 slices French bread (Cubed)
- 8 slices swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Saute onion until they are golden and tender. Place in a 13x9 inch casserole. Sprinkle Mozzarella cheese on top.
- Combine soup, milk, and soy sauce; pour over cheese. Top with bread and sliced cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Bake, loosely covered ,at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 15-20 minutes longer until browned and bubbly.
- Preparation times may vary.
- I use More Cheese and Bread! I buy a Loaf of French Bread and tear or cube until it is enough for me.
- Also, If you layer the bread it is good also! It makes the bread softer! Yum!