1/1 Photo of French Onion Casserole
If you love onions then you will enjoy this. I love to make this recipe when it starts to get cold outside. This recipe came from our Local Newspaper in 1999. I just made this, once again! I made a few small changes. Note: I used 5 spanish onions. I did not refrigerate overnight! I used way more cheese and it came out wonderful!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Saute onion until they are golden and tender. Place in a 13x9 inch casserole. Sprinkle Mozzarella cheese on top.
- 2Combine soup, milk, and soy sauce; pour over cheese. Top with bread and sliced cheese.
- 3Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- 4Bake, loosely covered ,at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 5Uncover and bake 15-20 minutes longer until browned and bubbly.
- 7Preparation times may vary.
- 8I use More Cheese and Bread! I buy a Loaf of French Bread and tear or cube until it is enough for me.
- 9Also, If you layer the bread it is good also! It makes the bread softer! Yum!
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Onion Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 564.7
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 66.1 mg
- Sodium 1201.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 24.8 g