1/3 Photos of French Onion Casserole
I have had this recipe for years and don't remember where I got it. Some times I like to replace the sliced onions with pearl onions instead.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook onions in butter, just until tender.
- 2Blend in flour, salt, and pepper.
- 3Add bouillon and sherry.
- 4Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- 5Turn into 1 quart casserole.
- 6Toss croutons with 2 tablespoons melted butter and spoon on the onion mixture, evenly.
- 7Sprinkle with Swiss cheese and Parmesan if desired.
- 8Put in oven under broiler and broil for about 1 minute until the cheese melts.
- 9Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Onion Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.5
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 50.7 mg
- Sodium 468.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 6.8 g